Thursday, April 14, 2011

Once A Runner


Since I just started this blog, I want to give a better understanding of it. First off, to recognize the title one should have read the famous book, Once A Runner. If you haven’t read it ….then shame on you and get a copy! Every competitive runner could relate to this book through the physical pain we suffer, to the mental uniqueness of hanging for what feels like dear life in a race. Here is quote to impart you with some thoughts of your own trials and perhaps reflect on how you hope to overtake them over your miles to go.

     "He wanted to impart some of the truths Bruce Denton had taught him, that you don’t' become a runner by winning a morning workout. The only true way is to marshal the ferocity of your ambition over the course of many days, weeks, months, and (if you could finally come to accept it) years. The Trial of Miles; Miles of Trials. How could he make them understand?"
                                                                                  - John L. Parker Jr.  

Seeing myself in the book, I decided to make it my theme. I want to write about my experiences and how running is a huge part of who I am. This is small way for me to voice to the world my passion in the sport, through my thoughts and images. So enjoy! And hopefully I could enlighten you a little with my reflections.  

No comments:

Post a Comment